Remember, as you prepare for our first Unit Test, you will have to demonstrate the skills we have been practicing in class, not just the information you have learned. You will need to be familiar with the content of:
- Native American Literature and The Oral Tradition as well as Creation Stories
- Anne Bradstreet’s ‘T o My Dear and Loving Husband’
- Johnathan Edward’s “Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God”
But you will also need to show me you can use the skills you’ve practiced with these texts:
- Identifying archetypes
- Identifying theme
- Identifying tone, and pointing to words or phrases the set tone.
- Understanding how a writer appeals to their audience with ethos, pathos and logos.
- Summarizing the plot or purpose of these historical texts.
- Analyzing a text for literary devices
- Explaining how those devices make a text more effective.
- Citing textual evidence.
- Writing constructed responses.
- Vocabulary from the texts in unit 1.
Be sure to review your notes, go back and watch the videos and posts on this site, and feel free to contact me via Remind 101 if you have questions while you review and study.